Check out this page for resources and links for kids and youth.
Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia Programs for Kids and Youth
Are you between 16-19 years old and living in Cape Breton? Need support in meeting your goals? Wondering what to do next or how to get where you want to go? Youth Outreach is for you.
Youth Outreach offers a worker:
- who will work with you using your creativity and energy
- who will involve you in decisions about your life
- who respects and values who you are
- who won’t judge you
- to help you make plans for housing, food, clothing or transportation
- who can support you and your family
- to link you to other services, programs or workshops
- to help you plan next steps in your life (education, job)
- to help you learn new skills
Schools Plus Program
Schools Plus works with:
- Students in every grade in many schools in Nova Scotia
- Teachers and Administration
- Other Service providers
…to make your school experience the best it can be.
Schools Plus workers will help you find the services that you need (mental health, addictions, guidance, Department of Community Services) and act as case managers to support you and your family while you work with these services.
To find out if Schools Plus is available in your school or what services you can access, Contact Us
Kid Power Camps
Four day summer camps designed to help kids have fun, learn about themselves and build self-esteem.
Our trained staff will offer a variety of active and creative activities which are planned to help your children:
- Have fun
- Learn about themselves
- Learn to get along with others
- Learn to express their feelings
- Feel good about themselves
For Information about this year’s camps – Click Here
- Kids Help Phone – http://www.kidshelpphone.ca – This site has lots of information, a 24 hour phone number you can call for support and Chat Service you can use to talk to a counsellor.
- Brotalk – a Support Zone for Teen Guys –http://www.brotalk.ca
- Great list of Community Agencies ready to help you – http://www.nsfamilylaw.ca/services/community-agencies
Separation and Divorce
- What happens next? Information for kids about separation and divorce. https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/fl-lf/famil/book-livre/pdf/book-livre.pdf
- Love Nova Scotia – http://novascotia.leaveoutviolence.org
- Help with understanding the Family Laws in Nova Scotia – http://www.nsfamilylaw.ca/services/community-agencies
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Youth Zone –
- Notably – Teen Mental Health – http://teenmentalhealth.org
- Canada Food Guide – http://www.eatrightontario.ca/en/Articles/Food-guides/Eating-well-with-Canada-s-Food-Guide.aspx#.VuwtqhgyOhQ
- Nova Scotia Thrive Strategy – https://thrive.novascotia.ca
- Just For You – Youth – Health Information http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hi-vs/jfy-spv/youth-jeunes-eng.php
Sexuality and Gender
- Youth Project (Transitioning Youth) – http://www.youthproject.ns.ca/