Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia offers On-Line Counselling to clients in Eastern Nova Scotia (Pictou, Antigonish, Guysborough, Richmond, Inverness, Victoria and Cape Breton Counties).
Please read carefully and review all the information below to see if On-Line Counselling is right for you.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia offers text-based, on-line counselling.
- You and your counsellor will complete your work by typing messages to each other through a secure e-mail system.
- You and the counsellor will not be on the computer at the same time
- You will write to the counsellor about your concerns or questions.
- The counsellor will schedule time to read what you have written and will reply to you at a planned time.
- The counsellor will write back to you with thoughts, questions and ideas to help you.
- You will then type back to your counsellor and so on.
- Counsellors normally space their replies to you about one or two weeks apart. You and your counsellor will decide together how often your on-line sessions will be.
- Our On-Line Counsellors adhere to the same professional ethics and standards of practice online as we would do if we were meeting you in an office. You can expect the same level of care that you would expect with a highly qualified and experienced in-person counsellor
We do not offer: Chat counselling where you are on the computer at the same time as your counsellor, Telephone Counselling or Webcam Counselling.
BENEFITS OF ON-LINE COUNSELLING:
- Counselling takes place at a time that is convenient for you. You decide when it is the best time for you to read and write messages.
- There is no travelling involved. You can participate in counselling from your own home.
- You will have a written record of your counselling session, which you can go back to any time you want.
- Counselling does not have to happen all at once. You can read the counsellor’s message, write down some thoughts, think about it, go away for a day or two and then go back and write down some more.
- Research has shown that there is no difference in client satisfaction or outcomes when online sessions are compared to in-person counselling sessions.
WHEN ON-LINE COUNSELLING IS NOT APPROPRIATE:
There are some situations where On-Line Counselling is not the best choice.
If you have an Emergency or are in Danger please call:
- 911 – for police, fire or ambulance
- 811- if you need Health Information or Advice
- 1-888-429-8167 – Nova Scotia Mental Health Crisis Line
On-Line Counselling is not for Crisis or Emergency situations. We do not have 24/7 coverage and cannot assist with emergencies.
If you are looking for counselling for:
- Help with Abuse or Trauma that you have never talked about before,
- Help with a Current Violent Relationship
- Serious Mental Health Issues or Psychosis –
In-Person Counselling may be the best way for you to get help at this time.
- Please call 911 if you are in danger and need immediate help
- You can call your local women’s transition house for help to make safety plans or cope with your situation.
- You can call the Nova Scotia Mental Health Crisis Line – 1-888-429-8167 or your local Mental Health Services for help with mental health issues.
- If you would like to consider In-Person Counselling with Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia, please call 1-866-330-5952 or Contact Us and ask to speak with an Intake Worker to discuss the best service options for you.
If you are facing one of these situations, In-Person counselling may be a better place for you to start. If it is not an emergency, please call us at 1-866-330-5952 or Contact Us and ask to speak to an Intake Worker to discuss ways we can help you.
We cannot offer you On-Line Counselling if you live outside of Eastern Nova Scotia
- Consult your yellow pages and the front of your phone book for services in your area.
- Consider registering at https://wwto.privacemail.com/ if you are interested in On-Line Counselling and live outside of Eastern Nova Scotia.
We cannot offer you On-Line Counselling if you are under 19 years old.
- Please call us at 1-866-330-5952 and ask to speak with an Intake Worker to discuss other service options or Contact Us.
If you are currently getting support from another doctor, therapist or counsellor On-Line Counselling may not be helpful for you at this time. We will ask you more about this if you decide to register.
To participate in On-Line Counselling you should have a private place where you can read and write messages. If you do not have this private place, you should consider In-person Counselling.
To participate in On-Line Counselling you should be comfortable with your computer and have a reliable secure internet connection.
IS ON-LINE COUNSELLING PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL?
All Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia records are confidential. However, in some situations we are required by law to share or report your information:
– if a child or vulnerable person is in need of protective services
– if there is an immediate risk that someone is gong to hurt or kill themselves
– if there is a danger or risk to others
– if we receive a supeona or court order
We may also share your information with supervisors in the agency to make sure we offer you the best possible service.
IS THERE A FEE FOR ON-LINE COUNSELLING?
Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia does sometimes charge a fee for counselling BUT we will never turn someone away who is not able to pay. When you register for On-Line Counselling you will be asked some questions which will help us set your fee. After the On-Line Counselling Co-ordinator reviews your registration form, they will send you a message letting you know if there is a fee, what the fee will be and what to do if you have any questions about this.
Individuals who are referred directly to our programs by the Department of Community Services are not charged a fee.
ARE YOU INTERESTED? NEXT STEPS:
If you are interested in On-Line Counselling with Family Service and you agree with all the terms listed on this page – please REGISTER NOW.
This will take you to our Secure Registration Form. When you have answered all the questions on the form and submitted it, it will be reviewed by our On-Line Counselling Coordinator. They will send you a secure message or contact you by phone within 3 business days to let you know the next steps.
If you have any questions about On-Line Counselling you can call our On-Line Counselling Co-ordinator at 1-866-330-5952 or Contact Us.