Family Service of Eastern Nova Scotia offers counselling to:
- Anyone over the age of 6
Our Counselling Services are all offered by trained clinicians who are licensed with their provincial or federal professional associations. Our Counsellors will help you work on the issues you want to work on and help you work towards a goal that you set with us.
Counselling Services can help you with:
- Understanding and coping with emotional difficulties
- Building self-esteem
- Improving communication with your partner, children, youth, parents, friends or others
- Learning new skills as a parent
- Dealing with conflict in relationships
- Helping with marital or relationship problems
- Coping with a family separation
- Building skills to manage stress, anxiety or depression
- Support in managing Grief or Loss
- Coping with a crisis or challenge in your life
- Understanding and coping with traumatic experiences
Our Counselling Services are short term and during the time they are working with you, our counselors will give you space to talk about what is bothering you and learn new ways of coping.
When you contact our agency, you will be booked for a telephone intake appointment. The Intake Worker will talk to you about why you are looking for counselling and let you know which services might be most helpful for you. The Intake Worker can also provide you with some things to try right away.